Maccaferri Terramesh® System is a versatile modular system used for soil reinforcement applications such as mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) walls; reinforced slope systems (RSS) and soil reinforcement. It is used for commercial, industrial, road works, erosion control, and bank stabilization.
Terramesh® structures rely upon the double twist steel wire mesh placed horizontally within the slope with backfill compacted upon it. The gabion type facing element of the Terramesh® System is fully integrated with the double twist mesh reinforcement and is dependent upon the final use of the structure. The double twist mesh reinforcement takes advantage of the friction acting along the surface of the wire and, more importantly, the mechanical interlocking properties of the backfill.
For durability, the zinc coated wire mesh is protected by a polymeric barrier made of PVC. Maccaferri Terramesh® has been evaluated by HITEC (with the collaboration of AASHTO and FHWA) for a 75 year design.
Advantages of the Terramesh® System:
- Permeability of the front face, guaranteeing drainage of the backfill
- Flexibility, enabling the structure to tolerate differential ground settlement without compromising structural integrity
- Ease of construction
- Significant soundproofing characteristics (18-28 decibels)
- Structural safety in case of fire near the front face
- The reduction of environmental impact through the use of vegetation incorporated into the front face of the structure
- The Versatility of gabions, which allows the formation of a structure with vertical, battered or stepped front face as required and minimization of environmental impact.
- HITEC Publication - Evaluation of the Maccaferri Terramesh® System Retaining Wall
Product Installation Guides
Product Standard Specifications
Product Technical Data Sheets
Back to Products list
Quick products list Anchors B Zero Tondo Steel Arches Barrier/Catch Fence BFM (Ballasted Filtering Mattress) BioMac® Chemicals & Accessories Debris Flow Barriers Double Twist Mesh Envirolog® Fiber Dosing System Fiberglass Reinforcement FibroMac™ Synthetic Fibers Gabion Gabion Mattress GCS (Grid Composite System) Green Gabion® Green Terramesh® HEA Panel Hybrid Barrier/Attenuator MacBag® MacDrain MacELB MacGrid® EG MacGrid® WG MacGrid® AR MacMat® MacScour MacTex® MacTube® Para Products PMM (Polymeric Marine Mattress) Reno Mattress Ring Net Panel Road Mesh Rock Mesh® Rock Mesh® HR Rockfall Embankments Sack Gabion Shotcrete Additives Snow Net Spenax Clips Terramesh® System Terrawall® Tunneling Drainage Water Log Wirand® Steel Fibers
Follow us on:
10303 Governor Lane Blvd. Williamsport,MD 21795 1.800.638.7744